Quality assurance plays an important role in the software development life cycle since it helps to ensure that the quality of a software product is high enough to meet end user’s requirements and the business needs. To work in a quality assurance team, you need to undergo QA test training either online or in person. After your training period, you will be certified as a QA person. Here is a breakdown of best practice tips for a team to deliver the best outcome.
Set testing goals and requirements
- Client’s expectations: As a QA engineer, you need to understand your client’s issues to offer their expected solutions.
- Testing priorities: QA engineers must be aware of the product’s primary user and know how they will use it. They need to get the specification for product functionality and find a list with prioritized features to be tested first. They should inform their client about the types of testing usually applied to a particular product type.
- Reporting on results: QA team must know what bugs to report, which information to include in reports and what format to use in the report. The client and QA team should discuss the condition and frequency of regression testing and retesting.
- Communication: The client must communicate with the QA team and specify to them if they need to clarify something or ask for more information regarding the project.
Establish a clear workflow
A clear designed workflow is very important for a successful quality assurance check:
- A QA team needs to create a plan that should specify the scope of the task, the price of services and the deadline for completing the testing process.
- The testing engineer should gather information on the domain to understand the specific requirements that the product needs to meet.
- Finally, the QA engineer should test the product, feature by feature, to check whether it functions properly on the basics of client specifications.
Form a dedicated performance testing team
After implementing new features and updates on the product, testing engineers should perform automated test cases to ensure product stability. This process is known as regression testing. These are used to evaluate the impact of updates on existing functionality. Ensure new updates do not produce new bugs or system crashes. In addition, the QA team submits test reports to the clients that include a summary of testing activities and final testing results after testing iteration. The QA team needs to provide a precise distribution of roles and responsibilities based on the RACI matrix.
Combine automated and manual testing
Both automated and manual testing has their own benefits and nuances. The automation testing is performed automatically with the help of scripts and automation testing tools. The manual testing is performed manually by test engineers to check test cases to identify deviations. From the expected behavior of the software product and report them to developers. The best practice for the QA team is to combine both automated and manual methods rather than selecting one or the other. It helps to speed up the testing process and increase product quality.
All the above-mentioned practice tips will be helpful for you and your team to deliver the best possible outcome for your beloved customers. If you aim to become a QA analyst, you can undertake the online course to complete your certification.